Our members and guests acknowledge that our establishment is a Memorial Home for Veterans by respecting our policies when visiting our Post.
We welcome you and want everyone to relax and enjoy their time spent at Post 517. Please take the time before visiting or joining our establishment to review our house rules.
1. A. All guests are restricted to admit 4 guests only at a time.
B. All guests of members shall sign the register book (name, member’s name, and address of guest.)
C. The member will be responsible for any guest admitted and the guest must leave when the member leaves the Post.
D. Local guests (Tuscarora School District) are limited to two visits. Afterwards the guest should be invited to join the Post if membership is open.
E. At no time shall a guest be permitted to make a purchase.
2. Any member or guest visibly intoxicated will be refused entry. The manager or bartender has the right to refuse drinks to any such person.
3. Profane or boisterous language will not be tolerated.
4. A. No member or guest will use the back doors except those authorized by the Canteen Committee.
B. All other doors are for emergency use only, except as posted for special functions.
5. No member shall refuse to answer a phone call or a call to come to the front door.
6. No member or guest may leave a car on the parking lot after hours unless management has been informed.
7. A. There shall be no loitering in or outside the building after closing hours.
B. Canteen hours are Mon. thru Thurs. 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM; Fri. 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM & Sat. 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM; Sun. 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
8. No privately owned beverages shall be brought into the building.
9. Pets are not permitted on Legion property (service dogs – Seeing Eye excepted.)
10. All patrons and guests shall remove hats or caps upon entering this building, Legionnaire caps accepted. This is a memorial Home for Veterans.
11. No one under 21 years of age shall be served nor consume any alcoholic beverages.
12. Children (under 16) are permitted in the Canteen under proper supervision until 10 PM. They are not permitted to sit or stand at the bar. All children must be kept under control at all times.
13. Any member of the Armed Forces in uniform with I.D. card shall be admitted and invited to become a member of the Post.
14. Use of the pool tables will be on a first come basis. Rules as posted shall apply.
15. No alcoholic beverages shall be taken from the building.
16. Only authorized personnel are permitted to allow entry to the building. When entering or leaving the Post and there are other individuals present who you do not know to be members, don't open the door to admit them until they are authorized entry by the bartender on duty.
17. Carry out orders of food will be paid for at the bar and must be taken out through the front door. Food from fundraisers (prizes accepted) is for consumption at the Post or Legion Grounds. Persons who abuse the privilege will be dealt with on an individual basis by the Board of Directors.
18. Ashtrays are provided. Use them and not the floor.
19. All gambling tickets must be paid for before taking them away from the bar.
20. Waitresses will be given priority at the back bar. Order your food and beverages from them. They are there to serve you.
21. No smoking or drinking while dancing.
22. Private parties may be held in the dance hall or picnic area by making advance arrangements.
23. Check cashing:
A. Only private first party checks will be honored.
B. Payroll, welfare, unemployment benefit, second party checks will not be cashed at the Canteen.
C. Persons writing checks on overdrawn accounts will pay a fee on each returned check. Fee will be posted on the bulletin board. Returned checks must be settled for in 72 hours.
D. Failure to make checks good within the 72 hour time frame and/or repeat use of overdrawn checking may cancel check cashing privileges. Criminal prosecution may be initiated against the offender.
24. Absolutely no illegal drugs will be tolerated on the premises. Violators will be barred permanently and subject to criminal prosecution.
25. No large knives or guns are permitted in the post.